🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
We're a small but mighty team looking to build out the rest of our early team.
As an early engineer, you'll end up working on everything up and down the stack. You'll spend a lot of time talking to customers, figuring out what the product should be, and jamming with the rest of the team on building and iterating. We'll all be wearing many different hats, so you'll work on and learn a ton about areas adjacent to engineering — design, sales, legal, partnerships, and whatever else you're interested in.
And, most importantly, you'll be building this company with us. There's a lot to figure out. We want to work with folks who care deeply about the process of building the right company: from what operating values we should have, building out the rest of the team, decisions about how we should scale, and everything in between.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you…
- Are an experienced backend engineer with experience leading large-scope projects.
- Previously worked in a fast-paced engineering environment. Ideally, you have experience building complex products or infrastructure end-to-end.
- Obsess over the details, whether it’s getting that user-facing flow or code abstraction just right. We take great pride in things that have a high level of craftsmanship, both inside and outside of work.
- Know when to “move fast and break things”, and when to slow down and think through all of the details to build something robust and scalable.
- Are intellectually curious and enjoy digging into the nuts-and-bolts of how things work.
- Debate without animosity or ego. We thrive on thinking from first principles, questioning assumptions, and always pushing to make things better.
- Care deeply not just about engineering, but about building the right product and company culture. As a founding team member, you’ll have a huge impact on the company’s story.
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup and wellness stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches