Sales Development Representative
🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
As our first SDR, your mission is to bend the curve on the number of customers who use Cocoon by building pipeline to hit our sales goals and helping to create our up-market prospecting playbook.
You’ll be generating pipeline for account executives by leveraging customized outbounding strategies across channels. You’ll identify potential buyers at the Director and VP level across HR/People teams in the Mid-market customer segment, and consistently create compelling messaging and events to achieve meeting goals. You’ll update activity metrics, meetings, and pipeline on a weekly basis, and proactively identify gaps between prospecting inputs and outputs. Finally, you’ll understand Cocoon use-cases, relevant workflows/processes, and ways that Cocoon can deliver value. If you’re the kind of person who not only loves sales, but also building playbooks and repeatable processes - we want to chat!
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you:
- Are a superb verbal & written communicator: You speak & write clearly, concisely, and with empathy. You are able to adapt your communication in a variety of situations and with a wide range of customer personas.
- Are a collaborator, builder, and coach: You’ll build the playbook for what the outbound motion looks like at Cocoon. You'll also contribute to our highly collaborative team culture where we learn from and coach each other.
- Are highly flexible and adaptive: Our product is constantly evolving, as is the market. You'll rapidly adapt your messaging along with our product and incorporate market feedback along the way.
- Have experience in Sales or Sales Development at a high growth tech company.
- Have familiarity with sales tools such as Hubspot, Crunchbase, ZoomInfo, and LinkedIn Navigator to network with potential customers.
- Have proven success in driving outbound prospecting strategy and process to decision makers to achieve pipeline goals.
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup and wellness stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches
The salary range for this role is $75,000-$100,000 OTE to be determined through our interview process.
At Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.