🚀 Build the future of employee leave
We're tackling the complex world of employee leave. Today, it's fascinating and baffling how complicated the process is: going on leave (be it parental, medical, bereavement, or for any other reason) means talking to reps and wading through a mountain of government and insurance claims just to get your time off and income in moments when you're the most stressed and busy. We talked to hundreds of employees and employers who had nightmare stories to tell, and wondered to ourselves why nobody had solved this yet.
Our mission is to take the work out of leave — removing all of the friction that exists today for both employees and employers — and be the #1 advocate for folks going through the process. It's a really exciting space, and we're moving incredibly fast on both product and user momentum.
Excited about taking the most frustrating insurance, banking, and finance processes out there and making them surprisingly delightful? We'd love to work with you.
💪🏽 What will you do?
As our Product Designer, you will be shaping the leave experience for our users (employees going on all kinds of leave) and our employer partners as well as setting the foundation for the Design team at Cocoon.
You will be deeply involved in user and employer research and will be working extremely closely with engineering, product management, and all other teams at Cocoon to create product experiences that truly delight! We have a big focus on ease and simplicity while also building software that is empathetic and feels personal. You'll be critical in making the very complex world of leave feel seamless while also building that user love along the way. You'll be laying the foundation for scaling the design team and defining design culture at Cocoon.
⚡️ You'd be a great fit if you are:
- User-centric: We want to build something that truly surprises and delights! "Taking leave is so easy" said no one ever but we're here to change that. As our designer, we'll look to you to shape the experience for our users and employers with a focus on simplicity, self-serve, and empathy to build something industry-defining. Going on leave can be incredibly stressful – we want to design and build a product that alleviates that stress for our users, empowering them to focus on the things in life that matter, whether it’s a new baby or a sick family member.
- Highly collaborative: We're a small but mighty team moving extremely quickly and our superpower is being able to collaborate across teams to ship really well thought out products and experiences for our users. You'll play a large role in defining our product roadmap and designing solutions to some of the hairiest problems in the leave space. From scoping a project to pairing with the right folks to execute, this will require a high degree of collaboration and quick feedback loops.
- Innovative: Employee leave has been done a certain way for decades and we're here to turn that on its head. We are not just simplifying the leave experience of today – we’re looking to create entirely new ways to address the long-standing problems in the space. For instance, how do we help employees understand the many laws around leave (federal, state, and city) that could apply to them? Or, how do we help them visualize their pay during leave, which could come from multiple sources? These are just a few of the problems that we think about as we try to help our customers transition from spreadsheets to a truly streamlined product experience.
🎁 Some benefits you can expect as a part of the Cocoon team:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Professional development budget and commuter benefits
- Office setup, wellness, and coffee with colleagues stipends
- 14 weeks of paid parental leave
- 4 weeks of each paid medical and caregiver leave
- 4 weeks of flexible, paid compassionate leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily in-office lunches
At Cocoon, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) serve as the foundation for a successful team, product, and community. We’re committed to building a company where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and be set up for success. Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce requires ongoing effort and attention. We are committed to cultivating space for feedback and expanding our understanding of DEIB as our community grows.
The salary range for this role is $110,000-155,000 to be determined through our interview process.