Workforce Management Forecast & Scheduling Analyst
Posted on Saturday, March 4, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
The Care Center Forecasting & Scheduling Workforce Analyst is responsible for forecasting volume and projecting staffing needs to adequately support all services within a rapidly growing centralized environment. Major responsibilities of this position include accurately projecting FTE requirements for near-term, long-term, and overall budgeting purposes; additional key responsibilities include identifying trends and behaviors to ensure optimal cost effectiveness and operational efficiency and producing associate schedules to meet established Care Center service levels, KPIs, goals, and objectives. The Forecasting & Scheduling Workforce Analyst is also responsible for researching causes for underperformance, identifying areas of improvement within the workforce management strategy, and adjusting associate schedules to meet Care Center service standards. The analysis performed by this individual is substantially complex and requires a high degree of analytical skills, independent decision making, and organization to turn large sets of data into meaningful analysis. This role is expected to collaborate with other team members and leaders to ensure staffing levels support each service’s quality and performance goals. The Analyst reports to the department Supervisor and maintains a working knowledge of all technology systems and databases required to perform this function.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Use workforce management tools to forecast volumes, create staffing requirements, and generate work schedules for contact centers that meet or exceed service level, abandonment rate, and other key performance indicators
- Exhibit ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare both daily and long-term staffing requirements and adjust schedules based on dynamic needs of Care Center
- Study real-time and historical data to modify forecasting; strive for continuous improvement in forecasting and staffing
- Lead and manage processes for shift bids, vacation shift bids, time-off requests, and requests for overtime
- Maintain a local database to manage employee information, performance trends, and other related data
- Maintain and provide budget-related data, including projected FTE requirements, shrinkage rate, abandonment rate, call volume, and attrition rate
- Use and maintain available reporting systems; produce routine and non-routine reports and presentations, including daily contact center performance, root-cause analysis, and trends and behaviors
- Assist the Real-Time Workforce Analyst to ensure associates are following schedules and meeting service level and abandonment goals
- Serve as a backup for the Workforce leadership, as necessary
- Use critical thinking skills to offer prompt and efficient assistance to Care Center leadership regarding staffing projections and reporting
- Actively work with other Care Center staff and leaders to achieve established performance metric standards
- Oversee, assume accountability, and perform administrative duties for the daily and ongoing function of assigned functional area(s)
- Monitor and report on service performance, including volumes, wait times, abandonment rates, and other core productivity and performance measures in real-time and retrospectively
- Ensure appropriate interactions with front line team members, cross-functional team members and other key partners, are appropriately documented, addressed and communicated
- Ensure compliance with corporate and departmental policies and guidelines
- Identifies areas of opportunity through customer feedback, interaction with functional leaders; support trends and analysis to positively influence support strategy, team performance and service improvement
- Ensure day to day application of policies, procedures, and performance standards to ensure quality customer service and accuracy
- Demonstrate through behavior Papa’s mission, vision, values, and service standards
- Adhere to department policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or other Care Center leaders
Knowledge And Skill:
- Proven ability to use data analytics to identify trends, drive operational, quality, and financial performance in accordance with department and organizational goals
- Ability to lead or facilitate training and education
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take initiative to resolve immediate or urgent problems
- Ability to communicate professionally while maintaining confidence, confidentiality, integrity, and objectivity, both orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt rapidly to change, balance multiple priorities, think quickly, and use appropriate judgment
- Technological aptitude to master additional programs, technologies, and databases
- Ability to take the lead in making improvements and resolving issues
- Personal integrity and an ability to work under stress in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in time management with superior prioritization skills
- Self-motivator, quick thinker, proactive, and detail- and results-oriented
- Demonstrated interpersonal, customer relations, and communication skills with the ability to use discretion when discussing confidential personnel or consumer-related issues
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to handle complex scenarios
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Demonstration of regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- General understanding of cloud based telephony systems, IVR, skill-based priority routing, chat, email, and associated reporting
- Working knowledge of Workforce Mgmt. workflows and protocols
- Proficiency in business systems, including Google Workspace or Microsoft Suite
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Partnerships – Developing and leveraging relationships within and across work groups to achieve results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience with workforce management process and application (e.g. ErlangC, IEX, Genesys, NICE, Verint, eWFM, Calabrio)
- Advanced MS Excel or Google Sheets Experience
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.