Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Papa is a new kind of care, built on human connection. Across the country, health plans and employers look to Papa to provide vital social support by pairing older adults and families with Papa Pals, trained and vetted companions, who provide a helping hand and an open ear, resulting in less loneliness and better health.
Founded in 2017 and headquartered in Miami, Papa is backed by Canaan, Tiger Global Management, Comcast Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, TCG, Initialized Capital, and Seven Seven Six, among other revered institutional and individual investors. We envision a world where no one has to go it alone. Learn more at Papa.com.
Papa is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the role:
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Operations and will lead high-impact operations projects for the Marketplace Operations team as a project manager hybrid. Using a structured, data-driven approach, you will create, implement, and optimize processes, tools, and capabilities. You’ll be accountable for providing project oversight, managing timelines, risk escalation, and change management across multiple projects.
- Improve operational processes. Analyze current processes, identify opportunities, develop strategies, and implement improvements to processes and infrastructure to optimize and productize the Marketplace Ops team's tools and workflows.
- End-to-end project ownership. Work closely with the project owners to develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, risks assessments, and reporting on deliverables.
- Work cross-functionally. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, legal, compliance, client-facing, and call center operations teams.
- Market Insights owner. Using data, work with all Marketplace teams to highlight needs, and insights on each market for all teams to have the same priority to increase the impact of our tactics.
- Optimize operational staffing. Collaborate with the Workforce management team to create staffing requirements, generate work schedules, and manage off-phone time, including planned and unplanned time off, training, and meetings, among other potential sources of off-phone time.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in Program and Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical skills; assemble, interpret, and summarize large datasets and translate raw information into actionable insights.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop documents that gain team and stakeholder buy-in.
- Proven ability to multitask, adjust priorities, meet deadlines, and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment; comfortable with ambiguity
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Preferred: Lean/Six Sigma Certification
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing significant changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others. Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
- Develops Self – Understanding own strengths and development needs, learning from experience, and owning personal development.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently.
Miami, FL or Remote US
Papa’s culture is People-first. While we have an incredible team of hard working Papa people, at the end of the day, our company is really about family and community – and we celebrate that among our employees. We encourage everyone to truly bring their whole authentic selves to work. To be transparent. To be non-hierarchical. And, above all, to be a really good person.
We see ourselves as a place where every Papa employee feels they belong, a place where careers flourish, a place that brings back purpose and joy to work, a culture where visionaries/entrepreneurs are developed.
Papa’s mission is at the core of our total rewards philosophy wherein we attract and retain high potential talent aligned with our journey. We offer gender neutral and inclusive parental leave policies that offer up to 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave. We immensely value the benefits of a flexible workplace, while designing remote-first principles we ensured that Papa people feel psychologically safe about their career interests while being remote.
Beyond benefits: We want to take care of the whole employee and their families. To stay true to this commitment, we offer family care leave in addition to a generous paid time off policy, 401(k) match up to 4%; family forming support through access to Carrot; emotional health support tools through our medical plans such as Ginger, Happify ; access to women’s leadership network CHIEF to our senior women leaders and a host of events through a monthly culture calendar that enable emotional connectedness in a remote work environment.