Market Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
About Seven Starling
Seven Starling is a digital maternal mental health clinic that specializes in treating common perinatal mood and anxiety disorders like postpartum depression and anxiety. With specialized therapy, peer support, and medication as needed, Seven Starling uses the most effective, proven methods to drive best in class outcomes for people going through the motherhood journey. Seven Starling is a female-founded company backed by top tier venture capital investors and healthcare partners.
Seven Starling is looking to add a Market Development Representative who is passionate about maternal mental health to our team.
You will work with Seven Starling’s Growth Team to build, strengthen and support relationships with local OBGYN practices, who refer their patients to Seven Starling. Your work will have a direct impact on the growth of Seven Starling. Your work will drive awareness of the Seven Starling platform, program and offerings to perspective and active practices. You will be making a difference by assisting practices in being able to offer Seven Starling services to their patients.
This is an ideal role for someone who is already part of the health, wellness and well-being community and is looking to partner and contribute to a mission driven company. Our ideal candidate is a natural relationship builder, incredibly organized, is open to contract work, has a flexible schedule, and does not mind local travel.
You will excel in this role if you have experience in health, wellness and well-being. You will thrive if you are energized by creating change, talking with people and making connections in the community.
You are committed to advancing women’s access to high quality healthcare.
What you'll do
- Keep Seven Starling top of mind with practices we would like to sell and have sold in the market and develop and/or deepen the relationship with multiple stakeholders in the practice. This will include: dropping by practices at regular cadence to schedule the initial lunch presentation and/or deepen their relationship with Seven Starling. This may include: scheduling lunch presentation, checking in on supplies, marketing collateral, answering questions, leaving branded swag or treats, etc.
- Understand the various behaviors and drivers of each practice’s referrals and adapt outreach and in person communications to meet each practice’s specific needs
- Independently create a plan and calendar for how you’ll connect with practices at regular cadence, both in person and virtually (phone calls, emails)
- Adjust provider and practice outreach based on insights from Growth Team and overall company strategy/priority
- Drop off preliminary information to OBGYN and other targeted practices that we have yet to sell; once you are onboarded, you will take on selling practices via lunch presentations at practices
- Share Seven Starling services, highlighting different points for different stakeholders
- Prepare and organize items for drop offs, including bags of materials and business cards
- Take notes and create reports summarizing interactions, visits, and other insights at practice locations to share with the Growth Team
- Additional administrative support, as needed, to support sales and account management in the local area
- Travel (based on your schedule), up to two hours from your home base
Who you are
- A natural relationship builder
- Experienced in health, wellness and well-being
- Incredibly organized
- Comfortable pitching Seven Starling to various stakeholders
- Familiar with the local market
- Passionate about or experienced in healthcare
- You have 2 years of Sales, Marketing and/or Healthcare Experience
- Clear communicator, both written and verbal
- Expectation of availability: 10-15 hours a week
- Contract Role: 9-4pm local time (to align with practice office hours)
- Chicago, IL area
- Payment: $30 per hour
- High Speed Internet
- Reliable car or transportation to travel among practices in local market
Seven Starling is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees.